Search This Blog

4.5.18

SOURDOUGH BREAD SCHOOL

Best for... sourdough

The Sourdough School, Northampton, Northamptonshire
I’ve long dreamt of making my own sourdough bread (I love the tang and the open texture), and after just a day with Vanessa Kimbell I was on my way. Kimbell demystifies the process with inimitable humour and sends you home with a starter, flour and a banneton in which to prove your bread. Forty-eight hours later my first sourdough loaf came out of the oven. And that was just the beginning. Kimbell’s 'after-care’ is five-star. You become part of her Sourdough Club (with access to advice and recipes) and can send her pictures of your loaves – crumb as well as crust – until you get it right. These aren’t just courses; Kimbell wants to change the bread we eat, one loaf at a time. Sourdough baking is a journey. Book your passage. Diana Henry 
£175 for a 10am-4pm beginner’s course (sourdough.co.uk; 07813 308301) 

No comments:

Post a Comment